Question and answer
A compact fluorescent light bulb uses more energy than an incandescent light bulb. True False
A compact fluorescent light bulb uses more energy than an incandescent light bulb. FALSE.
Expert answered|kidswilltellnow|Points 0|
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Asked 63 days ago|3/17/2019 9:28:37 AM
Updated 62 days ago|3/18/2019 2:40:04 PM
3 Answers/Comments
This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
Confirmed by Masamune [3/17/2019 10:31:39 PM], Masamune [3/17/2019 10:31:39 PM]
Get an answer
New answers
Rating
1
A compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulb uses more energy than an incandescent light bulb is a FALSE statement. In fact a CFL bulb uses less energy than the incandescent bulb. Incandescent light bulb produces more heat than light thus making it inefficient and uses more energy.
Added 62 days ago|3/18/2019 2:27:16 PM
Rated good by jonron
Comments
A regular incandescent light bulb (normal light bulb) uses 90% of its energy to produce heat and the remaining 10% to produce light which makes it a waste of energy and very inefficient to be used as a light source.

Source:
Added 62 days ago|3/18/2019 2:34:38 PM
It is common knowledge that incandescent light bulb produces heat and heat wastes a lot of electricity simply because HEAT IS NOT LIGHT, and the purpose of the light bulb is light, so all of the energy spent creating heat is a waste.

Thus, an incandescent light bulb uses more energy than the compact fluorescent light bulb.

Source:
Added 62 days ago|3/18/2019 2:40:04 PM
Add an answer or comment
Log in or sign up first.
Questions asked by Babydoll0222999
Reducing our electricity use can reduce acid rain. True False
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Not Answered
Updated 70 days ago|3/10/2019 1:16:58 PM
1 Answer/Comment
Reducing our electricity use can reduce acid rain. TRUE
Added 70 days ago|3/10/2019 1:16:58 PM
This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
Acid rain only happens in the summer. True False
Weegy: Acid rain only happens in the summer. FALSE. (More)
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Expert Answered
Updated 70 days ago|3/10/2019 1:16:07 PM
0 Answers/Comments
Indoor air pollution cannot be prevented. True False
Weegy: Indoor air pollution cannot be prevented. FALSE. (More)
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Expert Answered
Updated 70 days ago|3/10/2019 1:15:46 PM
0 Answers/Comments
To sustain something is to A. give it attention. B. carry it. C. keep it alive or give it support. D. show it understanding or compassion.
Weegy: To sustain something is to - keep it alive or give it support. (More)
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Updated 69 days ago|3/11/2019 8:50:01 AM
0 Answers/Comments
Wind power is a brand new concept. True False
Weegy: Wind power is a brand new concept. FALSE. User: Solar panels are costly so many people are hesitant to install them. True False (More)
Question|Asked by Babydoll0222999
Expert Answered
Updated 62 days ago|3/17/2019 11:25:44 PM
1 Answer/Comment
Solar panels are costly so many people are hesitant to install them. TRUE.

Added 63 days ago|3/17/2019 1:31:53 PM
This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
Confirmed by Masamune [3/17/2019 11:25:48 PM], Masamune [3/17/2019 11:25:48 PM]
29,946,053
questions answered
GET
Answers.
GET THE APP.
weegy*
*
Get answers from Weegy and a team of really smart live experts.
Popular Conversations
Limited jurisdiction
Weegy: Jurisdiction is the power, right, or authority to interpret and apply the law. User: Grand jury
5/15/2019 5:37:18 PM| 4 Answers
All occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable. True or ...
Weegy: All occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable.
5/11/2019 4:55:17 AM| 3 Answers
Which item is included in the NIMS Management Characteristic of ...
Weegy: YES - the NIMS management characteristic of Information and Intelligence Management does include surveillance of ...
5/17/2019 9:16:14 PM| 2 Answers
S
L
Points 848 [Total 848] Ratings 8 Comments 768 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
1
R
P
1
Points 816 [Total 3973] Ratings 5 Comments 766 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
P
C
P
C
P
C
L
P
C
Points 807 [Total 6082] Ratings 7 Comments 737 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
P
C
Points 612 [Total 2293] Ratings 1 Comments 592 Invitations 1 Offline
S
L
Points 520 [Total 520] Ratings 2 Comments 490 Invitations 1 Offline
S
L
Points 506 [Total 699] Ratings 6 Comments 36 Invitations 41 Online
S
L
Points 496 [Total 1063] Ratings 13 Comments 66 Invitations 30 Offline
S
L
1
P
1
1
Points 470 [Total 2351] Ratings 18 Comments 270 Invitations 2 Online
S
L
R
R
Points 448 [Total 2276] Ratings 5 Comments 368 Invitations 3 Online
S
L
Points 214 [Total 1394] Ratings 6 Comments 154 Invitations 0 Offline
* Excludes moderators and previous
winners (Include)
Home | Contact | Blog | About | Terms | Privacy | © Purple Inc.