Question and answer
1. Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. In addition, suppose that a dominant allele (L) codes for long eyelashes and a recessive allele (l) codes for short eyelashes. If two individuals heterozygous for both traits (tail color and eyelash length) mate, what's the probability of the phenotypic combinations of the offspring?
s
Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. If two heterozygous individuals with polka-dot tails mate, the probability of the phenotype and genotype combinations of the offspring is 75 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 25 percent chance of a solid colored tail (25 percent PP; 50 percent Pp; 25 percent pp). Solution: The probability of PP genotype is 1/4 is 25%. The probability of Pp genotype is 1/2 or 50%, and the probability of pp genotype is 1/2 or 25%. The probability of the polka-dot tail is 3/4 or 75%,
Question
Asked 3/13/2019 12:55:30 PM
Updated 10 days ago|6/11/2021 1:15:24 PM
1 Answer/Comment
Get an answer
New answers
Rating
3
Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. If two heterozygous individuals with polka-dot tails mate, the probability of the phenotype and genotype combinations of the offspring is 75 percent chance of a polka-dot tail and 25 percent chance of a solid colored tail (25 percent PP; 50 percent Pp; 25 percent pp).

Solution: The probability of PP genotype is 1/4 is 25%. The probability of Pp genotype is 1/2 or 50%, and the probability of pp genotype is 1/2 or 25%. The probability of the polka-dot tail is 3/4 or 75%,
leaving the probability of the solid color tail 1/4 or 25%.
Added 10 days ago|6/11/2021 1:15:24 PM
This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
Comments

There are no comments.

Add an answer or comment
Log in or sign up first.
Questions asked by the same visitor
1. Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. In addition, suppose that a dominant allele (L) codes for long eyelashes and a recessive allele (l) codes for short eyelashes. If two individuals heterozygous for both traits (tail color and eyelash length) mate, what's the probability of the phenotypic combinations of the offspring?
Question
Not Answered
Updated 6/4/2020 12:27:18 PM
1 Answer/Comment
Suppose that a dominant allele (P) codes for a polka-dot tail and a recessive allele (p) codes for a solid colored tail. In addition, suppose that a dominant allele (L) codes for long eyelashes and a recessive allele (l) codes for short eyelashes. If two individuals heterozygous for both traits (tail color and eyelash length) mate, the probability of the phenotypic combinations of the offspring are: PPLL (1/4); PpLl (1/2); ppll (1/4).
Added 6/4/2020 12:27:18 PM
This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
34,022,163
questions answered
Popular Conversations
Whats is the First step in selective breeding
Weegy: 2 + 2 = 4
6/14/2021 2:03:46 PM| 5 Answers
Which of the following best describes Dred Scott?
Weegy: User: Under the system of sharecropping, contracts usually favored
6/12/2021 5:56:42 AM| 4 Answers
Through which sense is rhythm best experienced in artworks?
Weegy: Rhythm is best experienced in artwork through the sense of sight. User: What is the meaning of life
6/16/2021 12:28:57 AM| 4 Answers
A strong negative feedback process can cause Earth's climate to reach ...
Weegy: A strong negative feedback process can cause Earth's climate to reach a state of balance.
6/20/2021 9:52:17 PM| 4 Answers
True or False: The higher the BAL, the higher the risk of a fatal ...
Weegy: The higher the BAL, the higher the risk of a fatal crash. TRUE. User: All of the information your brain ...
6/14/2021 7:12:01 PM| 3 Answers
hat was the outcome of the US attack on Iraq in 1991?
Weegy: Iraq was forced to accept the UN s cease-fire terms. -was the outcome of the 1991 US attack in Iraq. User: To ...
6/12/2021 5:23:40 PM| 2 Answers
Emergency Support Functions (ESF) are organized groups of?
Weegy: Emergency Support Functions (ESFs): May be selectively activated to support response activities. User: A ...
6/12/2021 5:46:34 PM| 2 Answers
What are the overall powers of the legislative branch
Weegy: Legislative branch makes all laws, declares war, regulates interstate and foreign commerce and controls taxing ...
6/13/2021 1:16:55 AM| 2 Answers
When an incident occurs or threatens, local emergency manage ...
Weegy: The Incident Command System (ICS) and NIMS are the same, and these terms can be used interchangeably. FALSE. ...
6/13/2021 2:02:47 PM| 2 Answers
GET
Answers.
GET THE APP.
weegy*
*
Get answers from Weegy and a team of really smart live experts.
S
L
Points 687 [Total 749] Ratings 3 Comments 657 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
L
Points 662 [Total 5029] Ratings 8 Comments 582 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
P
P
Points 493 [Total 2888] Ratings 0 Comments 493 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
Points 319 [Total 319] Ratings 10 Comments 219 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
Points 263 [Total 4202] Ratings 20 Comments 63 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
Points 258 [Total 258] Ratings 0 Comments 258 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
1
1
1
Points 208 [Total 2988] Ratings 11 Comments 98 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
P
P
L
P
Points 186 [Total 6903] Ratings 6 Comments 126 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
Points 166 [Total 669] Ratings 7 Comments 96 Invitations 0 Offline
S
L
Points 154 [Total 347] Ratings 0 Comments 154 Invitations 0 Offline
* Excludes moderators and previous
winners (Include)
Home | Contact | Blog | About | Terms | Privacy | © Purple Inc.