What impact of key legislation that relates to fulfilment of rights and choices and the minimising of risk of harm for an individual with dementia
* Human Rights Act of 1998
* Mental Capacity Act of 2005
* Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2005
* Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000
* Mental Health Act 2007
* The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
* Safeguarding [ Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
* Carers(Equal Opportunities) Act 2004
Together these legislations formed the fundamental rights and freedom of an
individual. These affect the rights of everyday life of an individual including what they can say and do, their beliefs, right not to be tortured and right to a fair trial. These rights have limits to ensure that other people's rights are upheld.
Evaluate agreed ways of working that relate to rights and choices of an individual with dementia.
Evaluate the following in your workplace :
Policies and procedures :
* Mission Statement
* Health and Safety
* Risk Assessment (performed every month in my work placement)
* Person Centred Care Planning
* Equality Policy
* Complaints Procedure
* Safety and Security
* Moving and Handling ]
There are no new answers.