Question and answer
Two popular methods of financial statement analysis are horizontal analysis and vertical analysis. What are the differences between these two methods?
Under horizontal analysis an analyst compares the financial statement of the company for two more accounting periods, [ it can be used on any item in the financial statement company so if company wants to see whether its sales for current year is good or not it will compare the sales for the year 2010 with sales for year 2009 or for previous years. It is a time series analysis in the sense that
it shows comparison of financial data for several years against a chosen base year. It is also called dynamic analysis of the financial statements. Vertical analysis is done to review and analysis the financial statements for a year only and therefore it is also called static analysis. Under this method each entry for assets, liabilities and equities in a balance sheet is represented as a percentage of the total account. So if in asset side of balance sheet cash is $200, building is $400 and machinery is $600 and total of balance sheet is $1000, then cash will be 20 percent of total of balance sheet building will be 40 percent and machinery will be 60 percent. ]
Expert answered|selymi|Points 11139|
Question
Asked 8/20/2013 10:16:58 AM
0 Answers/Comments
Get an answer
New answers
Rating

There are no new answers.

Comments

There are no comments.

Add an answer or comment
Log in or sign up first.
Questions asked by the same visitor
What are some common ratios used to analyze financial information?
Weegy: There are different types of financial ratios used to analyze financial performance: profitability ratios, liquidity ratios, activity ratios, [ leverage ratios and market ratios. Check out the links for additional details: ] User: What are some common ratios used to analyze financial information? Which are the most important? Weegy: No one ratio is more important than another. Individual ratios should not be interpreted in isolation. [ Ratios used for performance evaluation should always be compared to some benchmark, such as comparatively to gauge past preformance; but most importantly to either an *industry average* or perhaps the identical ratio for the industry leader. ] (More)
Question
Expert Answered
Asked 8/20/2013 8:49:47 AM
0 Answers/Comments
What are some examples of how ratios are used in the decision-making process?
Weegy: Ratios used in management accounting illustrate the relationship between financial statements. The usefulness of a ratio depends on what aspects of the company’s business affairs are being investigated. [ Financial ratios should be used correctly for it to be effective; when it comes to comparing the company’s financial ratio it must be compared with identical basis. ] (More)
Question
Expert Answered
Asked 8/20/2013 10:04:55 AM
0 Answers/Comments
20,579,572 questions answered
Popular Conversations
what is 1 - 100
Weegy: 4(3)^2 - 10(2) = 4(9) - 20; = 36 - 20; = 16 User: what is 1 + 1 Weegy: "What" is used with a noun in ...
4/25/2015 11:26:02 AM| 3 Answers
Which of the following best describes ...
Weegy: The ability to be hammered thin best describes malleability. User: Which of the following is always true ...
4/25/2015 5:51:30 AM| 2 Answers
Which word in the sentence functions as an objective complement? The ...
Weegy: An objective complement is a noun, adjective, or pronoun serving as a complement to a verb and qualifying its ...
4/25/2015 3:38:07 PM| 2 Answers
-12 + 7 + (-1) = User: 19 + (-27) =
4/25/2015 5:32:17 PM| 2 Answers
The Indo-European languages are believed to have originated ...
Weegy: Indo-European languages originated 7,800 to 9,800 years ago in Anatolia present day Turkey. [ The Indo-European ...
4/26/2015 10:36:09 AM| 2 Answers
Which of the following is the least important factor of a personal ...
Weegy: The time of day physical activity will be performed is the least important factor of a personal fitness program. ...
4/25/2015 12:05:36 AM| 1 Answers
Nutritional labels list only healthy nutrients.
4/25/2015 12:12:38 AM| 1 Answers
Weegy Stuff
S
L
Points 712 [Total 2289]| Ratings 1| Comments 702| Invitations 0|Offline
S
L
Points 633 [Total 1200]| Ratings 2| Comments 613| Invitations 0|Offline
S
P
C
L
P
L
1
P
P
1
Points 432 [Total 8309]| Ratings 3| Comments 402| Invitations 0|Offline
S
Points 418 [Total 418]| Ratings 0| Comments 418| Invitations 0|Offline
S
Points 210 [Total 210]| Ratings 1| Comments 200| Invitations 0|Offline
S
Points 197 [Total 197]| Ratings 2| Comments 177| Invitations 0|Offline
S
1
L
L
Points 182 [Total 8176]| Ratings 0| Comments 182| Invitations 0|Online
S
L
1
R
Points 128 [Total 1200]| Ratings 1| Comments 118| Invitations 0|Offline
S
L
Points 124 [Total 3727]| Ratings 0| Comments 124| Invitations 0|Offline
S
1
L
1
Points 43 [Total 3484]| Ratings 1| Comments 33| Invitations 0|Offline
Home | Contact | Blog | About | Terms | Privacy | Social | ©2015 Purple Inc.