7. Which of the following statements about Truman's Fair Deal is true?
A. It repealed the New Deal.
B. It was Truman's response to the Soviet's Sputnik.
C. It was reluctantly passed by Congress.
D. It called for national medical insurance.Weegy:
B. It called for national medical insurance - is True.Auto answered|Score 1|sujaysen|Points 1740|User:
Under Franklin Roosevelt's Good Neighbor policy,
A. the Platt Amendment was rescinded.
B. the collective security among the nations of the Western Hemisphere declined.
C. Cordell Hull favored continued military interventions in Latin America.
D. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only slightly.Weegy:
bAuto answered|Score .728|selymi|Points 7652|User:
10. At the Yalta Conference of 1945, the military situation favored
A. EisenhowerAuto answered|Score .8667|aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa|Points 3996|User:
12. When postwar expansion slowed in the 1950s, an economic stimulus was provided by
A. the baby boom.
B. increased consumer goods manufacturing.
C. the construction of Levitt Towns.
D. Cold War spending.
aAuto answered|Score 1|selymi|Points 7652|User:
13. During the turbulence of the 1960s, black activism focused primarily on
A. expanding economic opportunity.
B. expanding voting rights.
C. stopping the Vietnam War.
D. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr.
D. expanding voting rights.Auto answered|Score 1|bubulizzz|Points 245|User:
15. During the Carter administration, Zbigniew Brzezinski
A. rejected the adoption of the MX missiles to replace the older Minute Man missiles.
B. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks.
C. tried to get Carter to roll back taxes.
D. tried to reverse the policy of détente.Weegy:
D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks. [ [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski
] ]Auto answered|Score 1|debnjerry|Points 28929|User:
17. The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to
A. roll back the provisions of the Wagner Act.
B. impose regulations on the steel industry.
C. implement NSC-68.
D. strengthen the Wagner Act.Weegy:
C. strengthen the Wagner ActAuto answered|Score .9821|Boyinbedroom|Points 249|User:
19. Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration?
A. Muslim activism in Bosnia
B. The breakup of the former state of Yugoslavia
C. The rise to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia
D. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansingWeegy:
A. The breakup of the former state of Yugoslavia Auto answered|Score .9979|bdhouston|Points 602|
Education|No Subcategories|Auto Answered|3/28/2012 3:25:24 PM