Added 10/28/2012 3:20:00 AM
NAFDAC (National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control)
NAFDAC has various basic functions. According to the requirements of its enabling decree, the Agency was authorized to:
1. Regulate and control the importation, exportation, manufacture, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals
2. Conduct appropriate tests and ensure compliance with standard specifications designated and approved by the council for the effective control of quality of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals.
3. Undertake appropriate investigation into the production premises and raw materials for food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals and establish a relevant quality assurance system, including certification of the production sites and of the regulated products.
4. Compile standard specifications, regulations, and guidelines for the production, importation, exportation, sale and distribution of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals
5. Undertake the registration of food, drugs, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals
6. Establish and maintain relevant laboratories or other institutions in strategic areas of Nigeria as may be necessary for the performance of its functions.
Added 10/28/2012 3:21:01 AM