When a body part is injured, it should be what? A.exercised. B. stressed. C.rested. D stretched.?
When a body part is injured, it should be A. exercised. B. stretched. C. rested. D. stressed. [www.weegy.com/home.aspx?ConversationId=6A28D545
]Auto answered|Score .9284User:
14. What is a strain?
A. A twist or tear in a muscle
B. A stretch or tear of a ligament
C. A puncture wound with no bleeding
D. An open wound with minimum bleeding
B. A twist or tear in a muscle Auto answered|Score 1|selymi|Points 9906|User:
15. What should you look for when purchasing a pair of fitness shoes?
A. Properly fitting arch support
B. Stable, nonflexible front
C. Insulated, nonporous material
D. Tight, snug fit
You should look for Properly fitting arch support when purchasing a pair of fitness shoes.Auto answered|Score 1|Sting|Points 1762|User:
16. What can you do to prevent running injuries?
A. Reduce the amount of walking you do during running sessions.
B. Wear properly fitting running shoes.
C. Limit your water intake throughout the day.
D. Run on hard surfaces, such as concrete and asphalt.Weegy:
D. Wear properly fitting running shoes.
Auto answered|Score 1|audrey17|Points 954|User:
17. What can you do to prevent in-line skating injuries?
A. Keep your head up while you're skating.
B. Wear a limited amount of padding.
C. Skate in the streets, not on the sidewalks.
D. Try to fall backward, not foreward.
Sir/Madam, the answer is letter "A. Wear a limited amount of padding."Auto answered|Score .8446|beboythewizkid|Points 2048|User:
18. What are some of the psychological stages of healing following an injury?
A. Depression, regression, acceptance
B. Shock, realization, acknowledgment
C. Anger, denial, bargaining
D. Fear, self-loathing, apathy
c. Shock, realization, acknowledgment Auto answered|Score 1|liviaa|Points 677|User:
19. Why is it important to get a medical checkup prior to beginning a fitness program?
A. To determine which vitamin supplements would best complement a specific fitness regimen
B. To check for preexisting conditions that would make some exercises dangerous
C. To decide upon the type training needed for different areas of the body
D. To determine what types of exercise equipment work best for your bodyWeegy:
Why is it important to get a medical checkup prior to beginning a fitness program? B. To check for preexisting conditions that would make some exercises dangerousAuto answered|Score .9925|vandar|Points 911|User:
20. What is a sprain?
A. An open wound with minimum bleeding
B. A stretch or tear of a ligament
C. A puncture wound with no bleeding
D. A twist or tear in a muscleWeegy:
A sprain is a stretch or tear of a ligament.www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000041.htmAuto answered|Score 1User:
1. Which one of the following choices best represents a potential stressor?
A. A decrease in gas prices
B. A long-awaited salary raise
C. An unexpected visit
D. A surprise giftWeegy:
An unexpected visit usually represents a potential stressor. This is because the host may not be prepared for guests. SO A. An unexpected visit IS THE ANSWER. [ www.chacha.com/question/which-one-of-the-following-choices-best-represents-a-potential-stressor%3A-a-surprise-gift%3B-an-unexpected-visit%3B-a-long-awaited-salary-raise%3B-or-a-decrease-in-gas-price
] Auto answered|Score 1|Dmcinnita|Points 50|User:
. Jacques Cartier sailed to the New World in 1534 in search of
A. the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
C. a northwest passage to China.
Jacques Cartier sailed to the New World in 1534 in search of a northwest passage to China. Auto answered|Score 1|jeifunk|Points 8420|User:
2. In his Farewell Address, Washington warned against permanent foreign alliances and
A. the power of the moneyed interests.
B. lowering the tariff on imported goods.
C. the formation of political factions.
D. the unjust oppression of black slaves.
D. the formation of political factions.Auto answered|Score .9429|aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa|Points 3996|User:
3. In 1777, who commanded the American soldiers who captured 5,800 British soldiers under General Burgoyne at Saratoga?
A. Horatio Gates
B. George Washington
C. Benedict Arnold
D. William Howe
In 1777, who commanded the American soldiers who captured 5,800 British soldiers under General Burgoyne at Saratoga? A. Horatio GatesAuto answered|Score 1|alfred123|Points 1441|User:
4. In Virginia, colonists who could pay their way across the Atlantic were granted 50 acres of land to lease for a modest rental fee. The term for such an arrangement was called
A. land granting.
B. land assurance.
The term for such an arrangement was called: C. headright. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeadrightAuto answered|Score .8667User:
5. Sir George Grenville, King George's Chancellor of the Exchequer, enacted the Revenue Act of 1764 to raise revenue for maintenance of the British Army in America. In the colonies, it was commonly known as the _______ Act.
D. Sugar Auto answered|Score 1|mxs|Points 760|User:
6. In Jefferson's view, George Washington's action in addressing the Whiskey Rebellion
A. was appropriate but not sufficiently bold.
B. wouldn't have been necessary save for the influence of Republican clubs.
C. amounted to an inappropriate overreaction.
D. was a fitting response to an immediate threat to the federal government.
the answer is CAuto answered|Score .8|Haydenise|Points 70|User:
7. Which of the following statements is true of life in the New England colonies?
A. Those who aspired to the social elite had to be members of a Congregational church.
B. Only married women could exercise control of their property.
C. Literacy wasn't considered important.
D. Many New England women were prosperous entrepreneurs.
The answer is D. Those who aspired to the social elite had to be members of a Congregational church.Auto answered|Score 1|bongche|Points 3864|User:
8. Among members of George Washington's cabinet, __________ had a pessimistic view of human nature and a dread of democratic excess.
The answer is Hamilton.Auto answered|Score 1|koaley|Points 6262|User:
9. At the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Madison drafted the plan presented by Virginia Governor Randolph, and William Patterson of _______ presented a plan that was similar to the Articles of Confederation.
A. South Carolina
B. New Jersey
At the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Madison drafted the plan presented by Virginia Governor Randolph, and William Patterson of New Jersey presented a plan that was similar to the Articles of Confederation. The answer is B. New Jersey. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_Convention_(United_States)Auto answered|Score .7778User:
10. Which of the following was the primary interest of the British government in approving James Oglethorpe's Georgia colony?
A. Providing an asylum for British debtors
B. Developing new lands for rice production
C. Increasing immigration to the southern colonies
D. Thwarting Spanish claims in the area south of Carolina
The Answer is A. Thwarting Spanish claims in the area south of Carolina Auto answered|Score 1|lallabhai|Points 170|User:
11. With respect to the eighteenth century, the concept of the "middle ground" is helpful in
A. understanding the role of Catholic priests in California and the Spanish Southwest.
B. explaining the attitudes and preferences of the Scots-Irish.
C. explaining the relationship between German and Scots-Irish settlers in the backcountry.
D. understanding the attitudes of Indians living between the Appalachians and the Mississippi.Weegy:
With respect to the eighteenth century, the concept of the "middle ground" is helpful in B. understanding the attitudes of Indians living between the Appalachians and the Mississippi.Auto answered|Score .9738|yeswey|Points 1820|User:
12. Before departing for what would become the Plymouth Colony, the Scrooby Separatists first lived for a time in
A. the Netherlands.
C. the Chesapeake.
Before departing for what would become the Plymouth Colony, the Scrooby Separatists first lived for a time in C. the Netherlands.Auto answered|Score 1|beezy_187|Points 461|User:
13. In 1700, which of the following colonies had the largest slave population relative to its overall population?
D. South Carolina
In 1700, D. VIRGINIA had the largest slave population relative to its overall population. [www.nytimes.com/books/first/m/morgan-slave.html
]Auto answered|Score 1|andrewpallarca|Points 18627|User:
14. The first stirrings of the first Great Awakening took place in
A. New England.
B. the Carolinas.
D. the backcountry.
The first stirrings of the first Great Awakening took place in New England. Auto answered|Score .9923|jeifunk|Points 8420|User:
5. In which of the following colonial wars did the American colonists capture the fort at Louisbourg and begin to crave domination over the entire western region that included the Ohio Valley?
A. War of Spanish Secession
B. King William's War
C. King George's War
D. Queen Anne's WarWeegy:
The answer to your question "In which of the following colonial wars did the American colonists capture the fort at Louisbourg and begin to crave domination over the entire western region that included the Ohio Valley? " is D) War of Spanish [ Secession. ] Auto answered|Score 1|keath1219|Points 40|User:
16. In the southern campaign launched by the British, Cornwallis lost a battle with the Americans under Nathaniel Greene at
D. Charles Town.
The answer is A. Cowpens.
In the southern campaign launched by the British, Cornwallis lost a battle with the Americans under Nathaniel Greene at Cowpens.Auto answered|Score 1|Shey091808|Points 828|User:
17. As a direct result of the XYZ affair,
A. Congress passed the Alien and Sedition Acts.
B. Napoleon was persuaded to sell the Louisiana Territory.
C. Jay's Treaty was repudiated by President John Adams.
D. relations between France and America deteriorated.Weegy:
As a direct result of the XYZ affair, C. relations between France and America deteriorated. Auto answered|Score .76|vandar|Points 911|User:
18. For revolutionaries like Sam Adams, the term _______ embraced a way of life, a core ideology, and an uncompromising commitment to liberty and equality.
B. republicanismAuto answered|Score 1|scijoe21|Points 2265|User:
19. "All powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution . . . are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." This language, drafted by _______ and incorporated into the _______ Amendment of the Bill of Rights was intended to address the concerns of the Antifederalists.
A. Madison; Tenth
B. Hamilton; Fourth
C. Hamilton; Tenth
D. Madison: Fourth
The correct answer is C. Madison; Tenth Auto answered|Score 1|shifa saleheen|Points 9914|User:
20. The Committee of Correspondence was initiated by
A. John Adams.
B. Ben Franklin.
C. Samuel Adams.
D. Patrick Henry.
A. Samuel Adams.Auto answered|Score 1|jher000|Points 7981|User:
1. Who initiated the phrase "manifest destiny"?
A. James K. Polk
B. William Henry Harrison
C. John Tyler
D. John L. O'SullivanWeegy:
John L. O'Sullivan, 1874, was an influential columnist as a young man, but is now generally remembered only for his use of the phrase "Manifest Destiny" to advocate the annexation of Texas and OregonAuto answered|Score 1|mythmoh|Points 5349|User:
2. The Panic of 1837 resulted in large measure from
A. the policies of John Quincy Adams.
B. complex changes in the international economic system.
C. the policies of Martin Van Buren's administration.
D. the costs associated with Indian removal.Weegy:
C. complex changes in the international economic system.Auto answered|Score 1|nicolevaughan16|Points 156|
All Categories|No Subcategories|Auto Answered|1/17/2013 11:19:11 AM