Give an example from the past that indicates a similar result or a current social policy that might be regarded as wrong, which therefore needs to be changed?
Have you even bothered thinking about this?
Have you never heard of:
- discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, etc.?
Of course, once most people agree that a social policy is wrong, [ it becomes easier to change it, which is why all of these are from the past. Current policies are rarely agreed to be generally wrong by enough, which means you find many
who don't agree that they are wrong.
Obvious examples include:
- Treating corporations not only as legal entities (which they need to be) but as "people" with all the attendent rights.
- The treatment of gays by the military.
- The lack of attention on the part of Washington to the high unemployment rate in the U.S.
- Increasing the severity of criminal penalties and the number of people jailed.
- Not providing pre-school and day-care for every child, and a college for every one who can handle the material.
- Encouraging people to live in suburbs and private homes.
There are no new answers.