What are the similarities and differences between promotional push strategies and promotional pull strategies? If you were the publisher of a hard-copy textbook such at those found at major universities, which strategy would you use, and why?
Promotional strategies to get your product or service to market can be roughly divided into two separate camps.
1. [ Push strategy
A push promotional strategy involves taking the product directly to the customer via whatever means to ensure the customer is aware of your brand at the point of purchase.
"Taking the product to the customer"
Examples of push tactics
* Trade show promotions to
encourage retailer demand
* Direct selling to customers in showrooms or face to face
* Negotiation with retailers to stock your product
* Efficient supply chain allowing retailers an efficient supply
* Packaging design to encourage purchase
* Point of sale displays
2. Pull strategy
A pull strategy involves motivating customers to seek out your brand in an active process.
"Getting the customer to come to you"
Examples of pull tactics
* Advertising and mass media promotion
* Word of mouth referrals
* Customer relationship management
* Sales promotions and discounts
There are no new answers.