What position is when the patient is positioned prone, and the x-ray beam comes into the patient from the right side and exits to the left?
OBLIQUE- Projection taken with the central ray at an angle to any of the body planes. Described by the angle of obliquity and the portion of the body the X-ray beam exits; right or left and posterior or anterior. [ For example a 45 degree Right Anterior Oblique of the Cevical Spine.
] Auto answered|Score 1|thewolf010|Points 1160|User:
Radiological images obtained while the body is rotated are called _____?Weegy:
Radiological images obtained while the body is rotated are called oblique views.
Oblique views refer to those obtained while the body is rotated so it is not in a full anteroposterior or posteroanterior postition but somewhat diagonal. http://quizlet.com/2247420/cpt-radiology-chpt-23-flash-cards/Auto answered|Score 1User:
A patient who needs dialysis for a period longer than 3 weeks will usually receive whatWeegy:
A patient who needs dialysis for a period longer than 3 weeks will usually receive an arteriovenous fistula (AV fistula). [www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/A-Ce/Arteriovenous-Fistula.html
]Auto answered|Score 1|debnjerry|Points 39282|User:
A serial x-ray of the digestive tract is referred to as?
Gastrointestinal tract X-Ray or GI Tract X-RayAuto answered|Score 1|jeifunk|Points 7554|User:
What is a deficiency of the level of oxygen in the arterial blood called?
The answer is hypoxia.Auto answered|Score 1|sharpies|Points 8576|User:
Name the four different types of ultrasounds listed in the CPT manual.Weegy:
A. CPT 76801 Limited OB Ultrasound ( 14 weeks gestation)
76810+ each additional gestation
Note: Generally performed one time during current pregnancy
1. to confirm the presence of an intrauterine pregnancy vs. ectopic pregnancy
2. [ to define the cause of vaginal bleeding
3. to evaluate pelvic pain
4. to estimate gestational age
5. to diagnose or evaluate multiple gestations
6. to confirm cardiac activity after failed attempt with portable Doppler
7. as an adjunct to chronic villous sampling (CVS)
8. to evaluate suspected hydatidiform mole
B. CPT 76811 Comprehensive/Targeted OB Ultrasound (> 14 weeks gestation)
76812+ each additional gestation
Note: Generally performed one time during current pregnancy unless there is documentation justifying a repeat procedure
Note: Will be covered if performed by a registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS) under direct supervision by a physician with
specialized training or experience in the subject including a perinatologist and a pediatric cardiologist
1. suspected fetal anomaly or documented marker for aneuploidy during a standard examination (76805)
2. IUGR (EFW 24 cm or a single pocket of fluid at least 8 cm in depth
4. 2-vessel umbilical cord detected at standard OB ultrasound
5. fetal cardiac arrhythmias ] Auto answered|Score .6|mythmoh|Points 5339|User:
Name the four different types of ultrasounds Weegy:
Ultrasounds are also known by the name sonograms. This diagnostic device comes in different types. [ Abdominal ultrasound: This is the most common use of ultrasound used for ... www.ehow.com/about_4672338_ultrasounds.html
] Auto answered|Score .9426User:
How is dosimetry reported?Weegy:
It is reported on the basis of the level of treatment devices (simple, intermediate, and complex).
Read more: [http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_dosimetry_reported#ixzz20F1dm2k4
]Auto answered|Score 1|jeifunk|Points 7554|User:
What are indicators?Weegy:
1. One that indicates, especially:
a. A pointer or an index.
b. An instrument used to monitor the operation or condition of an engine, furnace, electrical network, reservoir, or other physical system; a meter or gauge.
c. [ The needle, dial, or other registering device on such an instrument.
2. Chemistry Any of various substances, such as litmus or phenolphthalein, that indicate the presence, absence, or concentration of another substance or the degree of reaction between two or more substances by means of a characteristic change, especially in color.
3. Ecology A plant or animal whose existence in an area is strongly indicative of specific environmental conditions.
4. Any of various statistical values that together provide an indication of the condition or direction of the economy.
] Auto answered|Score 1|vanilla2bean|Points 2599|
All Categories|No Subcategories|Auto Answered|10/28/2012 8:02:27 PM