What are the three methods that protists use to obtain food?Weegy:
obtain food protists use three methods the first is animallike, the second is [www.pleasanton.k12.ca.us/avhsstudent/43750/pg%20496%201-4%20and%205061-4.htm
]Auto answered|Score 1User:
Identify the characteristics of organisms belonging to the kingdom ProtistaWeegy:
A. Heterogeneous assemblage of unicellular, colonial and multicellular Eukaryotes that do not have the distinctive characters of plants, animals or fungi.
B. Contains a number of organisms previously classified as plants, animals or fungi. E.g. [ protozoans, all the algae except blue-greens, and several organisms previously called fungi
Flagella - most often involved in locomotion
1. Whiplash - without appendages
2. Tinsel - has appendages (barbs)
3. Vary in number, size and/or position, e.g. anterior, posterior, lateral. [ Flagella may be present only in reproductive cells or not at all.
1. Isogamy - motile gametes the same size
2. Anisogamy - motile gametes with the female larger than the male
3. Oogamy - large non-motile female, smaller motile male ] Note:
any other question?Note:
This conversation has been ended.
All Categories|No Subcategories|Expert answered|Rating 0| 4/23/2009 10:52:00 AM