How might knowing the advantages and disadvantages of social media alter how a person might use social media?Note:
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of social media can alter the way person uses it in several ways. [ Understanding how a community can boost sales of a business with free advertisement may encourage one to use it as a tool, rather than personal amusement. The disadvantage of negativity and bullying can make a person use social media in more private ways. Most social networking sites allow people to choose what information are viewable by the public, which proves to be a helpful feature in customizing how one uses social media. Understanding how social media works can also be a useful tool for a business interested in free advertising, as well as a beneficial networking method between friends and family who live far apart. ] Auto answered|Score 1|lena.G|Points 231|Note:
I'm sorry that that wasn't a good answer. Please hold on while I contact an expert.Weegy:
- The chances of being hacked, especially if you disclose important, critical information.
- The ability for "lies" and "rumours" to spread like an virus, often distorting the real truth.
- Increased chances in cyber bullying, [ which often leads to emotional distress and even suicide.
- Being used as a substitue for visiting news websites; people getting too much information from places that provide no sufficient source.
- A "distraction" for many. People consider Twitter and Facebook, for example, too distracting.
- The general stigma; "all people on FB are dumb teens and everyone on Twitter update us on stuff we don't care about".
- Ability to spread important news.
- Makes people more widespread about certain issues.
- Have the opportunity to start groups and activist organisations that can make everyone globally aware (stuff like Occupy Wall Street started on Facebook).
- Keep in contact with people who are from long distances.
- Advertising; businesses' who advertise on social media make people more aware that this business exists. Basically, it's more advantageous to advertise now on social media than in the yellow pages. ] Expert answered|zaqueo|Points 50|Note:
This conversation has been ended.
All Categories|No Subcategories|Expert answered|Rating 0| 6/2/2013 2:49:18 PM