How might knowing the advantages and disadvantages of social media alter how a person might use social media?
- The chances of being hacked, especially if you disclose important, critical information.
- The ability for "lies" and "rumours" to spread like an virus, often distorting the real truth.
- Increased chances in cyber bullying, [ which often leads to emotional distress and even suicide.
- Being used as a substitue for visiting news websites; people getting too much information
from places that provide no sufficient source.
- A "distraction" for many. People consider Twitter and Facebook, for example, too distracting.
- The general stigma; "all people on FB are dumb teens and everyone on Twitter update us on stuff we don't care about".
- Ability to spread important news.
- Makes people more widespread about certain issues.
- Have the opportunity to start groups and activist organisations that can make everyone globally aware (stuff like Occupy Wall Street started on Facebook).
- Keep in contact with people who are from long distances.
- Advertising; businesses' who advertise on social media make people more aware that this business exists. Basically, it's more advantageous to advertise now on social media than in the yellow pages. ]
There are no new answers.