1. The place where the ocean floor suddenly plunges downward is called the
A. abyssal plain.
B. continental shelf.
C. abyssal hill.
D. continental slope.
B. continental slope. The place where the ocean floor suddenly plunges downward is called the continental slope.Auto answered|Score 1|migzptz|Points 7434|User:
2. When sediments fall out of a glacier, they create a deposit called
When sediments fall out of a glacier, they create a deposit called C. till.Auto answered|Score 1|OxTornado007|Points 6729|User:
3. Which one of the following is not left in the land as a result of continental glaciers?
Loess was not left in the land as a result of continental glaciers. Auto answered|Score 1|AngelInDisguise|Points 5101|User:
4. The abundance of nutrients at the ocean's surface is a result of
B. deep currents.
The abundance of nutrients at the ocean's surface is a result of C. upwelling.Auto answered|Score 1|nairos|Points 40|User:
5. A _______ moraine forms when a glacier deposits till at its sides.
A lateral moraine forms when a glacier deposits till at its sides. Auto answered|Score 1|AngelInDisguise|Points 5101|User:
6. Which one of the following times would be the longest?
A. Paleozoic era
B. Jurassic period
C. Carboniferous period
D. Mesozoic era
A. Paleozoic era. is the answer. Paleozoic era lasted about 230 million years.
Mesozoic era about 180 million years.
The rest a reubdivisions of an era so they definately lasted for a much shorter time. Auto answered|Score 1|migzptz|Points 7434|User:
7. Which one of the following statements is accurate regarding glaciers and erosion?
A. Glaciers can carry both small particles and large boulders.
B. Striations caused by moving glaciers help determine the age of a rock.
C. Glaciers erode the base of mountains into basins called cirques.
D. Moving valley glaciers create V-shaped valleys.
A. Glaciers can carry both small particles and large boulders. Auto answered|Score .76|BRAINSTORM|Points 3130|User:
8. Which one of the following landforms would be created by outwash?
Answer: D. Moraines
]Auto answered|Score 1|potpot|Points 40|User:
9. Alpine glaciers can be found on which one of the following landforms?
A. Mountain valleys
B. Flat plains
C. Lowland hills
D. Mountain bases
Alpine Glaciers can be found on D. Mountain Valleys.Auto answered|Score .9955User:
10. What must occur for a fossil to form?
A. The organism must go through a process of petrification.
B. The organism must fall into igneous rock.
C. The climate where the organism dies must not be too cool.
D. The organism must be buried in sediment soon after it dies.
B. The organism must be buried in sediment soon after it dies. Hope this helps. Auto answered|Score 1|thederby|Points 1530|User:
11. Scientists believe that humans arrived on Earth during the _______ Period.
Scientists believe that humans arrived on Earth during the Quaternary period.www.chacha.com/question/what-period-do-scientists-believe-that-humans-arrived-on-earthAuto answered|Score 1User:
12. In which one of the following regions would you expect to find the largest amounts of dissolved oxygen in the ocean water?
A. In the deep ocean floor
B. In temperate zones
C. Near the equator
D. In polar regions
The best answer is C. In polar regions, you can expect to find the largest amounts of dissolved oxygen in the ocean water. [smile] Auto answered|Score 1|ephraimzRN|Points 2278|User:
13. The gently sloping shallow area that extends from the continental shore is the called the continental
D. shelf. The gently sloping shallow area that extends from the continental shore is the called the continental shelf.Auto answered|Score .9971|andrewpallarca|Points 20156|User:
14. Which one of the following time references best fits the concept of geologic time?
A. A thousand years
B. A hundred years
C. A dozen years
D. A million or more years
... references best fits the concept of geologic time a a dozen years b a hundred years c a thousand years d a million or more years and said it was [ the same as Which one of the following time references best ... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Special:Contributions&target=User:Adrianoac&offset=150
] Auto answered|Score .9582User:
15. Barrier islands are created as a result of
A. volcanic activity.
C. sand deposited by waves.
D. man-made breakwaters.
Barrier islands are created as a result of D. sand deposited by wavesAuto answered|Score .8667|koaley|Points 6262|User:
16. The half-life of an element is important for determining the _______ of a rock.
A. decomposition rate
B. relative age
C. mineral makeup
D. absolute age
The answer is D. absolute age Auto answered|Score .9819|johncasseta|Points 110|User:
17. Which one of the following situations would you expect to create the highest waves in the ocean?
A. A 100-kilometer-per-hour wind blowing for 5 hours across a 100-kilometer-wide area of ocean
B. A 50-kilometer-per-hour wind blowing for 10 hours across a 1000-kilometer-wide area of ocean
C. A 100-kilometer-per-hour wind blowing for 10 hours across a 1000-kilometer-wide area of ocean
D. A 50-kilometer-per-hour wind blowing for 5 hours across a 100-kilometer-wide area of ocean
I would say D. [smile]Auto answered|Score .9694|BlueUnicorn|Points 91|User:
18. The point at which the continent stops and the rock of the ocean floor begins is the called the continental
It is called the B. continental shelf.Auto answered|Score .6|tinkermei|Points 1146|User:
19. Long parallel scratches left by course particles from glaciers are called
Long parallel scratches left by course particles from glaciers are called (C. striations).Auto answered|Score .997|PhiFlux|Points 90|User:
20. What drives currents deep in the ocean?
A. Differences in water density
C. Decreased salinity
D. Increased temperatures
A. Density IncreasesAuto answered|Score .7702|jhehe|Points 385|
All Categories|No Subcategories|Auto Answered|3/9/2013 3:23:19 PM