Notice: Payments for answers will end 4/10/2017. Click for more info.
You have new items in your feed. Click to view.
Question and answer
Q: how is practical intelligence important in a workplace
A: To excel in today's marketplace, organizations need members who can move beyond academic intelligence. "Smarts", creativity, initiative, team leadership, cooperation, persuasiveness, resilience, and optimism are essential for business success. [ These attributes may contribute more to individual and organizational effectiveness than general intelligence (IQ). Certainly, IQ should not be
considered unimportant and disregarded. Indeed, IQ predicts approximately 20% of personal variation in occupational success. However, the abilities that predict the other 80% of success have yet to be established. Researchers are exploring new ideas in search of measures to supplement existing IQ tests as predictors of real-world performance. Two explanations have emerged Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Practical Intelligence (PI). Both of these theories attempt to complement, not replace, the contributions of IQ. ]
Get an answer
Original conversation
User: why is practical intelligence important in the workplace

User: how is practical intelligence important in a workplace

Weegy: To excel in today's marketplace, organizations need members who can move beyond academic intelligence. "Smarts", creativity, initiative, team leadership, cooperation, persuasiveness, resilience, and optimism are essential for business success. [ These attributes may contribute more to individual and organizational effectiveness than general intelligence (IQ). Certainly, IQ should not be considered unimportant and disregarded. Indeed, IQ predicts approximately 20% of personal variation in occupational success. However, the abilities that predict the other 80% of success have yet to be established. Researchers are exploring new ideas in search of measures to supplement existing IQ tests as predictors of real-world performance. Two explanations have emerged Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Practical Intelligence (PI). Both of these theories attempt to complement, not replace, the contributions of IQ. ]
Expert answered|kathagoda19|Points 30|

Question
Asked 4/3/2013 10:07:29 AM
0 Answers/Comments
New answers
Rating

There are no new answers.

Comments

There are no comments.

Add an answer or comment
Log in or sign up first.
0 questions answered
Popular Conversations
Aristotle was a student of Plato's. True False
Weegy: Aristotle was a student of Plato's. TRUE.
7/9/2017 6:34:10 PM| 1 Answers
Most collisions are caused by __________ A. drivers falling asleep at ...
Weegy: Most collisions are caused by driver's attitude.
7/9/2017 4:51:29 PM| 1 Answers
k2 + 3k + 2 = (k2 + k) + 2 ( __________ )
7/8/2017 8:58:45 AM| 1 Answers
Parasite can be Protozoa,fungi, or multicellular organisms. TRUE or ...
Weegy: Parasites can be protozoa, fungi, or multicellular organisms. TRUE.
7/7/2017 6:41:18 PM| 1 Answers
Development disabilities cannot be cured. TRUE or FALSE.
Weegy: Developmental disabilities cannot be cured. TRUE.
7/7/2017 6:00:57 PM| 1 Answers
. Classification of living things takes into consideration all of ...
Weegy: Classification of living things takes into consideration all of the following except: presence of cell ...
7/5/2017 12:07:33 PM| 1 Answers
What type of disorder is myasthenia gravis? A. Inflammatory ...
Weegy: Myasthenia gravis is a type of immune disorder. User: What surgical procedure involves breaking an ankylosed ...
7/5/2017 9:35:49 AM| 1 Answers
The lungs are the primary organ of the: digestive system respiratory ...
Weegy: The lungs are the primary organ of the: respiratory system. User: Endorphins are manufactured by the brain to ...
7/5/2017 6:54:42 AM| 1 Answers
During puberty you need more food and _____ to grow. oxygen carbon ...
Weegy: During puberty you need more food and oxygen to grow. User: Each cell in your body contains chromosomes.
7/5/2017 6:43:00 AM| 1 Answers
The condition of equilibrium that results in the displacement of the ...
Weegy: The condition of equilibrium that results in the displacement of the mantle by the continental and oceanic crust ...
7/10/2017 1:50:08 PM| 0 Answers
What is another name for the Circum-Pacific Belt? A. Pacific Ring ...
Weegy: Pacific Ring of Fire is another name for Circum-Pacific Belt
7/10/2017 1:47:35 PM| 0 Answers
Weegy Stuff
S
Points 29 [Total 30] Ratings 0 Comments 9 Invitations 2 Offline
S
Points 10 [Total 10] Ratings 0 Comments 0 Invitations 1 Offline
S
Points 10 [Total 10] Ratings 1 Comments 0 Invitations 0 Offline
S
Points 10 [Total 10] Ratings 0 Comments 0 Invitations 1 Offline
S
Points 4 [Total 4] Ratings 0 Comments 4 Invitations 0 Offline
S
P
P
L
P
P
P
Points 4 [Total 1734] Ratings 0 Comments 4 Invitations 0 Offline
S
Points 3 [Total 3] Ratings 0 Comments 3 Invitations 0 Offline
S
Points 2 [Total 2] Ratings 0 Comments 2 Invitations 0 Offline
S
Points 2 [Total 2] Ratings 0 Comments 2 Invitations 0 Offline
S
Points 2 [Total 2] Ratings 0 Comments 2 Invitations 0 Offline
* Excludes moderators and previous
winners (Include)
Home | Contact | Blog | About | Terms | Privacy | © Purple Inc.