Match the following words and definitions.
1. arbitrary based on or subject to individual discretion or preference or sometimes impulse or caprice
2. connotation the set of associations implied by a word in addition to its literal meaning
3. aesthetic a resemblance of relations; an agreement or likeness between things in some circumstances or effects, when the things are otherwise entirely
4. analogy exhibiting or stressing utility over other values; practical
5. pragmatic concerning or characterized by an appreciation of beauty or good taste
6. utilitarian a word element, such as a prefix or suffix, that can only occur attached to a base, stem, or root
7. affix dealing or concerned with facts or actual occurrences; practical
Please post one question or item at a time.
There are no new answers.