explain why it is important to work in a way that embeds person _ centred values
It is important to do this as person centred approaches, policies and procedures, as well as care practices should always put the people whom we support at the centre of the day-to-day activities, [ as well as including the residents and their families in the planning and maintaining of this.
All person centred approaches for every person we support as care professionals, should have eight
values, and these are:
1. INDIVIDUALITY – realising and understanding the uniqueness of every person I support.
2. RIGHTS – always endeavouring to make sure all the rights of those I support are upheld e.g. Human Rights Act.
3. CHOICE – endeavouring to maintain the service user’s rights to choice. As well as maintaining their choices and making sure these choices are upheld in their care plans.
4. PRIVACY – maintaining the service user’s rights to privacy. I would do this by making sure they are not intruded upon by other service users, staff, relatives and friends.
5. INDEPENDENCE – always making sure that as a care professional I empower the service users.
There are no new answers.