1. In her work in the publishing industry, Vera seeks out new authors whom she considers promising. In the past 2 years she has found a number of new writers whose work she thought was exceptional, and immersed herself in the task of helping them shape their manuscripts for submission to her managers for publishing. Although she was extremely proud of the results, none of the authors she worked with were chosen for publication. Vera believes that the decision not to publish these authors was based on personal rivalries within management, rather than the quality of her writers' work. She is extremely frustrated, dreads coming into work each morning, and is seriously thinking of resigning. How can Vera’s job attitude best be described?
A. Low job satisfaction and low job involvement
B. High job satisfaction and low job involvement
C. Low job satisfaction and high job involvement
D. High job satisfaction and high job involvement
A. Low job satisfaction and low job involvementAuto answered|Score .6|clouise|Points 459|User:
2. Julia works as a receptionist at a real-estate company. Her boss just came in the door and yelled at her, telling her that the front office was a mess and that she needed to get up and clean it immediately. After her boss left the room, Julia grabbed three magazines and violently slammed them into the trash can. Which of the following best describes Julia's action?
A. An affect
B. A thought
C. A mood
D. An emotion
D. An emotionAuto answered|Score .9911|jeifunk|Points 8027|User:
3. Erin works on a software help desk. After being yelled at by a customer about the state of her company's software, she becomes angry, and has to take a short break to calm down. What makes her anger an emotion, rather than a mood?
A. It is a simple, unambiguous feeling.
B. It interferes with her capacity to work effectively.
C. It has contextual stimulus.
D. It can be controlled given some time. :)Auto answered|Score .9609|scalter|Points 1001|User:
4) Any incompatibility between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes results in what?
A. Organizational dissonance
B. Cognitive dissonance
C. Attitudinal clarification
D. Values clarification
The answer is B. Cognitive dissonance. Any incompatibility between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes results in B. Cognitive dissonance.Auto answered|Score 1|businesslady|Points 1113|User:
5) What is the degree to which a person identifies with his or her job, actively participates in it, and considers his or her performance as being important to self-worth?
A. Job satisfaction
B. Job involvement
C. Job stability
D. Organizational commitment
B. Job involvement is the degree to which a person identifies with his or her job, actively participates in it, and considers his or her performance as being important to self-worth. [ www.slideshare.net/srmacalinao/employee-attitude-and-their-effects
] Auto answered|Score .8216|debnjerry|Points 41298|
All Categories|No Subcategories|Auto Answered|12/9/2012 8:01:48 AM