difference between ordinary chemical reation and nuclear reaction
Nuclear Reactions Chemical Reactions
1. Protons and neutrons react 1. Electrons react outside nucleus.
2. Elements transmute into other 2. [ The same number of each kind of
elements. atom appear in the reactants and products.
3. Isotopes react differently. 3. Isotopes react the same.
Independent of chemical 4. Depend on chemical combination.
5. Energy changes equal 10^8 kJ. 5. Energy changes equal
10 - 10^3 kJ/mol.
6. Mass changes are detectable. 6. Mass reactants = mass products. ]
There are no new answers.